Quaterly, TU Dortmund University offers graduation scholarships to international students from the DAAD project STIBET I. The graduation scholarship is meant to support international students finishing their studies who are in financial hardships by no fault of their own.
Application Deadline: 6th August 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): TU Dortmund University, Germany
About the Award: The International Office at TU Dortmund University accepts applications for this scholarship program several times a year. These scholarships are in place to help PhD, bachelor and maters students who are nearly finished with their degrees. The financial support is intended for students who are in the midst of or about to begin writing their final thesis.
Type: Undergraduate, Master, PhD
Eligibility: Those who wish to apply for a course of study completion scholarship need to meet the following criteria:
- Student Statues: enrolled and registered at TU Dortmund University, as a bachelor, master or PhD student
- Immigrant statues: applications must have completed their university qualifications in a foreign country
- Good academic standing: it is expected that applicants will complete their degree with the foreseeable future (one-year after scholarship) and their thesis should be officially registered no later than the application deadline date.
- Social situation: applicants should genuinely need financial support
Please note: Double-funding is prohibited, i.e. multiple financing for the same purpose is forbidden.
Stellenbosch University Fully-funded GEM Scholarships for PhD Students 2018/2019 – South Africa
Kofi Annan Business School Foundation Fellowship for Students from Developing Countries 2018/2019
Selection Criteria: The fundamental criteria for this scholarship program is first and foremost the student’s academic performance.
If you apply within with in the appropriate application period (current application information can be found online) we will review if the applicant criteria have been met and all the necessary materials have been included. As soon as your application has been thoroughly reviewed one of two things will follow:
a) You will be invited for an interview
b) Your scholarship request will be declined.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship sum is set by the DAAD. Grantees receive a minimum of 250 Euros a month.
Duration of Programme: The duration of scholarship funding can range from one to three months. A scholarship extension is generally possible; however applicants are required to reapply.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Confirmation of registration for your final paper (page 9 of the application; to be filled out by the Examinations Office) (Prüfungsamt)
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Current overview of your grades
- Copy of your residency permit
- Bank statements for the last three months (June to August 2018)
- Proof of a blocked account, legal obligation to pay, scholarship or earnings
- If applicable, credit card statements for the last three months
- If applicable, bank statements from your spouse
- If applicable, a copy of your current work contract
Award Providers: DAAD