Are you 18-35 years old and have a great idea to change the world of food and agriculture? Sign up for the Thought for Food Challenge 2018.
Application Deadline: 4th May 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: Join the 2018 TFF Challenge to form teams and develop breakthrough solutions that address the global challenge of feeding 9+ billion people by the year 2050. By participating in the TFF Challenge, you are joining a movement of young innovators from 130 different countries who are reshaping our global food system. We believe that openness, collaboration, and an entrepreneurial mindset are key to feeding our growing world.
Enter into the TFF Challenge and you will take part in proven training programs and will work with world-class mentors who will help turn your idea into a reality.
Type: Contest, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: University students (undergraduate, graduate, masters or PhD) from any country and any age group who are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited university are eligible to participate in the TFF Challenge.
- Innovation: How innovative is the solution, really?!
Thought For Food commits to being at the cusp of new idea generation. You and your teammates will look to consolidate technologies and the latest resources to create a project that is fresh and exciting, in a way that has never been seen before.
- Implementation: Can the idea be implemented and scaled?
Food security solutions require short, medium, and long-term goals that shouldn’t end when the competition is over. Your project should be implementable, with serious scalability potential on a global level.
- Uniqueness: Does the solution stand out from everything else out there?
Your project should stand out among the wide array of proposals, providing game-changing solutions for a better future. It should embody a “wow” factor so that it gets noticed in a noisy world of innovation and startups.
- Team Spirit: Does your team demonstrate passion, curiosity and commitment to get it done?
Being an innovator is one of the most exciting and rewarding things someone can do. However, it is also a long and demanding job. Your team needs to demonstrate that it is able to withstand these challenges and truly deliver a solution that will improve lives.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Finalists: 10 Finalist teams will be chosen at the end of Round 1 to move on to Round 2. These 10 teams will receive 10 weeks of Pre-Accelerator business training, and travel and accommodation to attend the TFF Bootcamp and TFF Global Summit in Spring, 2017.
- Winners: At the TFF Summit, one Grand Prize winning team will be chosen to receive $10,000 USD, and one Runner Up team will be chosen to receive $7,500 USD. The team most qualified for an investment will be awarded the Kirchner Food Fellows Prize worth $5,000 USD, and the Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture will award $2,500 to the team that has a strong impact directly on farmers.
Award Providers: Thought For Food