All students of North West University, Kano are hereby informed that the registration procedure for 2017/2018 Academic Session is as follows;
- Collection of Admission letters at the Academic Division (for fresh Students only who must present their original Certificates and or Statement of results for sighting)
- Online Registration: find attached the detailed online registration procedure for your guidance
- Make your Remita payment at any Bank branch nationwide and make sure that your full name, UTME REG. NUMBER, TELLER NUMBER and Transaction ID are reflected on your payment receipt.
- Print your Remita PAYMENT INVOICE (RRR) and the following documents if you are a fresh Student.
- 2017/2018 Central Registration Requirements (CRR)
- Registration Guidelines for 2017/2018 Academic Session
- Online Registration Procedure for Fresh Students
- Students Screening Form 2017/2018 Session.
- Student’s Undertaking
- Proceed to the Bursary office for verification of the amount to be paid with the following documents:
- Printed PAYMENT INVOICE
- Admission letter
- Jamb UTME Result Slip/DE Acknowledgement Slip
- Return to the ACADEMIC DIVISION for commencement of the Central Registration.
- Proceed to Faculty Office, for guidance on the faculty/Departmental registration procedure.
- Proceed to your level coordinator to obtain list of courses to register on the PORTAL.
- Return to the PORTAL to print the following:
- Bio-data Form (for fresh Students only)
- Acceptance confirmation letter (for fresh Students only)
- Course Registration Form (CRF). [for all Students]
- DOCUMENTATION: Submit copies of documents printed at 6 above to the following Units (fresh Students – all the documents, returning Students CRF & payment receipt only):
- Academic Division,
- Faculty and Department
- Students Affairs Division
- Go to the University library for Registration
- Go back to the Students Affairs Division for your ID card
- Late Registration attracts additional charges of Five Thousand Naira (
only to be paid within a specific period to be announced later
- STUDENTS ARE ADVISED TO STRICTLY ADHERE TO ABOVE REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
- FAILURE TO REGISTER WITH ALL UNITS OF THE UNIVERSITY MAY LEAD TO WITHDRAWAL.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR FRESH STUDENTS
- Before you begin: Make sure you have your own valid email address, if you don’t please create and write it with its password somewhere for your reference
- Visit https:nwu.edu.ng
- Click on ‘New Registration’
- Enter your UTME Number and click on CONTINUE
- Enter your valid email address
- Select your portal password and make sure to write it somewhere future use.
- Click ‘CONTINUE’ to create you portal account and print your Remita for payment invoice (and other documents), you can open your email address to re-print your payment invoice always
- Proceed to the Bursary for verification of your Remita payment.
- Proceed to any Zenith Bank branch to pay your Registration fees using Remita or make the payment online Via Remita.
- Return to the Academic Division for continuation of your Central Registration Documentation.
- Return to https:nwu.edu.ng and click on my portlet to complete your online Registration
- Print your Course Registration Form (CRF), Bio-data and Acceptance letter.
- Do not use somebody’s email address
- Ensure that the passport size photograph you upload into the portal is recent and has white colored background.
2017/2018 CENTRAL REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FRESH STUDENTS
You are required to come to the Academic Division along with the following for the Central Registration:
- Admission Letter
- JAMB result slip for (UTME) Candidates and JAMB Registration E-Slip for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
- Duly verified and stamped REGISTRATION CHARGES ASSESSMENT INVOICE
by the Bursary
- Original ‘A’ level statement of result (s) for DE Candidates
- Original ‘O’ level statement of Result(s) for both UTME and DE candidates.
- Transcript of Academic Records for Ordinary Diploma and National Diploma candidates
- Original Primary School Leaving Certificate or Testimonial
- Original Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- Original Indigene Identification Certificate/Attestation
- Duly completed undertaking form
- Twelve recent white colored background Passport size Photograph (upload same into the Registration Portal for your I.D Card).
- Duly completed candidate Screening form (hereby attached)
- Letter of reference as specified in the Admission letter
- Medical Certificate as specified in the Admission letter
- Scratch Card for checking O’Level Result(s) (NECO, WAEC etc)
- Bio-data form.
- Acceptance Confirmation letter
- Course Registration Form (CRF)
- Candidates whose Original ‘O’ Level Certificates are not available at the time of screening, can present original online printout results slip.
- Ensure to come along with originals and photocopies of all above listed documents to the screening point.
- The Central Registration will start from 2nd January 2018 to 2nd February 2018.
- Candidates that do not appear for the registration within the dates specified above will be considered NOT interested in the admission.
MNIM Academic Secretary For: Registrar