10 Useful Tips To Help You Score Very High In 2018 JAMB CBT Exam
The need for high JAMB score in your quest for University admission cannot be overemphasized. The question now is, how can I score very high in Jamb 2018? The answers are:
- Early Preparations.
- Get the right textbooks
- Develop a study habit.
- Use past questions.
- Identify your weak point.
- Understand the association connection.
- Learn the exam strategies
- Study read.
- Be Up to date.
- Learn basic concepts in computer.
1. EARLY PREPARATIONS:
Don’t wait for the exams to be close before you start preparations. Early preparation gives you an edge; don’t think that there is still time.
Live your life with sense of urgency. Have the mentality, ” I am behind schedule”. Begin to set targets because it will give you a powerful drive towards the exam.
Do you want to score 350+ in Jamb? It all begins from now. Remember, a man who fails to plan is indirectly planning to fail.
Joshua Abuwa said, “The problem with a lot of young persons today is that they don’t have visions, they only have television”. In your quest for university admission, what can you see?. Your worth in life is tied to the quality use of your mind.
2. GET THE RIGHT BOOKS:
Empty the coins in your purse into your mind and your mind will fill your purse with gold. Reading quality books for your examination will give you nothing, but quality grades.
For every examination, there is a course outline. This guides you on the topics and parts of the topics to cover. It is essential you get the books that cover the required topics and sub-topics.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) usually recommends texts. Get them and start studying as soon as possible.
3. DEVELOP A STUDY HABIT:
Your habits determine your habitat. It is high time you develop a solid study habit. Need help? here is how to start. Before you study, make sure that you are relaxed physically, emotionally and mentally. The following study practices might be of good help to you.
- Study in an environment that is best conducive for you. It doesn’t really need to be calm; if a noisy area is OK for you, go with it.
- Read with revelation. Draw a plan of what you should achieve after the study.
- All materials that guarantee smooth learning must be ready to avoid searching in the midst of learning.
- Get a Jotter to put down salient facts.
- Don’t skip any part of the material if you don’t understand it.
- Prepare a study time-table and follow it consecutively.
- Prepare a rest and recreation time-table too. Funny?
- Read the 10 secrets of successful students and
- How to remember 90% of what you have read
4. USE PAST QUESTIONS:
Past questions are the picture of the future. The future here speaks of the exam you are preparing for. Studying with past questions will act as positive catalyst for your exam. The importance of past questions is they help you to:
- Know the nature of questions to expect.
- Identify the dark spots in your text books
- Take note of the frequently asked questions.
- Examine your level of preparation by putting yourself in the exam condition.
- Boosts your confidence.
Note: Most past questions pack have answers at the back. Do not check the answers before you solve the problems. Just make sure that you understand the questions.
5. IDENTIFY YOUR WEAK POINT:
Like I always say, “telling yourself the truth is honesty but telling others is integrity.
Find out what works for you and what doesn’t. Find that the subjects and topics you find very easy to learn. In addition, don’t run away from the ones giving you tough time.
Do everything possible to give them tough time too. Just imagine losing 80 marks in mathematics just because you fail to fall in love with it. Handle your weakness or your weakness will handle you.
6. THE ASSOCIATION CONNECTION:
Who you associate with determines whether you will dissociate or appreciate. There are people who add to your life, those that subtract from you, those that divide and those that multiply you.
Identify those who add to and multiply your success. There is no where you want to go that people haven’t gone to. Look for people whose realities are your dreams.
7. LEARN THE EXAM STRATEGIES:
There are things that don’t seem reasonable but are capable of making you responsible. Understand the following strategies:
- Any question you get wrong, there are people who will get it right.
- Some answers follow a pattern. This pattern can help you get the questions you don’t know the correct answers to.
- After every 30 minutes go back to the questions you think you have answered to be sure if you actually answered it correctly. Sometimes the brain deceives.
- Increase your speed and don’t leave any option blank.
8. STUDY DEEPLY:
No matter the motivational books you have read on exam success, the efficacy of hard work cannot be over emphasized. Don’t study for exams the way you study newspapers. Put in effort in your study. Study, but study wise.
9. BE UP TO DATE:
Be up to date on your exam date and procedures. Don’t fail to read articles relating to exam success as well. Visit Bentenblog for news relating to your school.
10. LEARN BASIC CONCEPTS:
Learn computer since most of your exams will be computer based. Make sure you click the answers and also confirm that you have actually ticked.
University Admission! University Admission!! Your University Admission is sure. Share with your friends. I will like to hear from you via the comment box below