MTV Staying Alive Foundation 2018 Grant for Youth-led Organisations
The call for applications, for the MTV Staying Alive Foundation Grant, are now open. Young people from around the world are invited to join the squad in the fight to end HIV.
Since 2005, MTV Staying Alive Foundation has been giving out small sums of money to young people
they believe in, trust, and are genuinely inspired by. They have one thing in common: they’re fighting to beat HIV in their local communities in the most innovative ways.
An MTV Staying Alive Foundation Grant comes with a small amount of funding, Staying Alive training materials, a small fund to buy technical media equipment, a personal grant manager, as well as training and development.
MTV Staying Alive Foundation supports organizations led by young people between the ages of 15 and 27 that work in HIV prevention. We’re interested in organizations that are start-ups and do not have much support, financial or otherwise. We are much more likely to fund an organization that has little or no existing funding to date, rather than those with several funders on board.
Grants will be awarded to small, youth-led organizations that:
- Are entirely led by young people under the age of 27
- Are community-based, grassroots organizations
- Educate and/or give out responsible and accurate information about HIV and AIDS targeted at young people in their communities
- Eliminate or alleviate the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and AIDS
- Encourage young people to take concrete action to protect themselves from HIV infection
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in their activities
- Reflect and honor the culture in which the project operates
- We are particularly, but not exclusively, looking to fund organizations who work with the key at-risk populations, including adolescent girls, LGBTs, sex workers, prisoners and injecting drug users.
All Staying Alive Foundation grant applicants must agree to allow the Staying Alive Foundation and MTV to promote and publicize their projects. We will use compelling grantee stories to inspire other young people.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the grant should follow the link below in order to apply for the first stage of the application process and if you have any questions please contact them at email@example.com
Deadline: 19th January 2018