WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme 2018 | WHO AFRO Application Guide and Requirements.
Tags: Apply for 2018 WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme, How to Apply for WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme, WHO, WHO AFRO, WHO Regional Office for Africa, WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme, WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme 2018, WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme Guide and Requirements
WHO Regional Office for Africa, WHO AFRO, WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme, WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme 2018, How to Apply for WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme – See more details below;
WHO Regional Office for Africa Internship Programme 2018
Objectives of the Internship Programme:
- To provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments;
- To expose students to the work of WHO;
- To provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate.
Description Of Duties
- Communicable diseases (HIV, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and public health and environment programmes);
- Family and Reproductive Health (Health through life course, nutrition and immunization);
- Noncommunicable Diseases (prevention and management of NCDs (including risk factors), mental health, violence and injuries);
- Health systems strengthening (health policy, financing and access, integrated service deliver and health information and knowledge management, aiming at Universal Health Coverage);
- Health Security and Emergencies (disease surveillance, emergency risk assessment and management, outbreak and disaster response and laboratory support);
- Administration (Human Resources, IT etc);
- Corporate Communications;
- Country Relations.
- -Be at least twenty years of age on the date of application;
- -Be able to work full-time and support oneself financially during an internship placement (i.e. with no remuneration from WHO);
- – Not be related to a staff member (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father);
- – Have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme;
- -Hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
- Have completed 3 years of full time study in the relevant area.
- Be fluent in either English or French, the working languages of AFRO.
How to Apply
- – All internships at WHO are unpaid and full-time.
- – The duration of WHO internships is between six weeks and six months, depending on the requirements of the programme.
- – Interns are NOT eligible for appointment to any position in WHO for a period of three months following the end of the internship.