Elizade University Recruitment 2017 | Application Guide and Requirements.
Elizade University, Elizade University Recruitment 2017 – In this article you will get latest updates on Elizade University 2017 recruitment application requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Elizade University Recruitment 2017
Location: llara-Mokin, Ondo
The Position of Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the University and ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of Council.
- He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall hove general responsibility to Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- It shall also be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the law and statute, ordinances and regulations of the University are observed, and he may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose.
- The person for the position of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good university education of a recognized university and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
- Be 50 years old and above, but not older than 65 years by March, 2018.
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than ten (10) years experience on that rank, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community.
- Must possess some industrial or government experience or both during his career so far.
- Must be proficient in ICT
- Be able to key into and drive the University’s Vision and Mission;
- Be able to actualize the University Teaching and Learning Philosophy;
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health; and
- Must have evidence of fund or research grant attracted.
- Be able to command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his track records.
- Possess a clear vision for the development of the University and realization of its mission.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to strengthen the bridges between staff, students, other members of the University community and the University’s stake holders;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Be able to drive linkages, interact with the business world and be innovative;
- Have demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local and international governmental and non-governmental agencies.
Terms of Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service will be determined by the Governing Council and Board of Trustees of the University as appropriate.
26th December, 2017.
Method of Application
- Twenty (20) copies and be accompanied by twenty (20) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain details of the candidate’s names in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character. academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’ at the top left hand corner of the envelope
- Each application must be accompanied by twenty (20) copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the twenty first century
- In the case of candidates identified by the search Team, the application shall conform to the requirement in (i) to (iii) above, and in addition, the candidate shall present a letter of consent duly signed by him/her along with the application.
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications or nominations should be marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council not later than the closing Date stated above.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted