Following the successful launch and subsequent distribution of the maiden edition of our biennial journal of development, Young African Leaders Journal of Development (YALJOD), we hereby invite interested Africans to submit research articles for publication in the second edition of YALJOD.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2018
About the Award: The YALJOD is Africa’s first youth-led pan-African journal of development, and it is aimed at fostering the collective progress and development of the African people. The journal also provides the blueprint for our development mission as well as many other organisations.
The journal was established in 2015 to host scholarly analysis and competing viewpoints about the development of Africa. Our motive for establishing this historic journal is to garner the ideas of young Africans as pertaining the development of the continent. We want to know what young people are thinking, and how we can harness their potentials for the development of Africa and the realisation of both the SDGs and the Agenda-2063 vision.
YALJOD’s multidisciplinary approach makes it more formidable. It accepts papers from varied disciplinary areas – including Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Humanities –that show direct relevance to the development of Africa. In this sense, it publishes researches understood as highlighting the social, political, cultural and technological processes of positive change in the continent. The specially targeted audience of the journal are the continent’s leadership operators, civil societies and NGOs, development academics, researchers and youth leaders.
Type: Call for Papers
Eligibility: Articles submitted to YALJOD must be original work that has not been published anywhere previously. It also must not be currently under consideration by any other publication. Any consequences for the violation of these copyright laws or infringement will be duly borne by the defaulting author. The journal is not scholarly peer-reviewed; but in some cases, manuscripts will be sent to our specialists and scholars (YALF Consultants) for evaluation.
We are regrettably unable to provide individualised critiques of most of the manuscripts that we reject. However, we will ensure we confirm the receipt of articles once they arrive.
OTHER CONDITION FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES:
- To successfully submit articles for publication, prospective Authors must meet the following requirements:
- – Must hold, at least, a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree obtainable from tertiary institutions.
- – Must be between the ages of 20 – 50 when submitting the article.
- – Must not have sent the article for consideration in another publication.
- – Must be willing to participate and present the paper in any of the YALF Conferences when called upon.
Duration of Program: The 2nd edition of YALJOD will be officially launched during the 2018 Annual Summit of the Young African Leaders Forum (YALF).
How to Apply: Please carefully read through and ensure you comply with the stated guidelines as any breach of the submission rules may lead to the rejection of your paper.
- – Each paper must be accompanied by the Author’s profile summary of no more than 100 words. This should include Author’s qualification and other affiliations.
- – Each paper must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 150 words.
- – Article must not exceed 3,500 words.
- – All articles must be properly proofread by the author.
- – Articles must be double spaced.
- – Tables, models, diagrams or photographs should be within the text, and NOT as appendix.
- – Citations and referencing should follow the recent APA style.
- – Manuscripts should be submitted via regular email, and should take the form of attachment formatted in MICROSOFT WORD (send to email@example.com )
Award Providers: Young African Leaders Forum (YALF).