Busara Center for Behavioral Economics Recruitment 2017 | Application Guide and Requirements.
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics Recruitment 201. In this article, you will get latest updates on Busara Center for Behavioral Economics 2017 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Reports to: Engagement Directors for all responsibilities
- Associates are the primary project managers for all external Busara projects. Associates are expected to be able to quickly gain an expert understanding of a particular problem or research question and use all tools at their disposal, both within and outside Busara to execute an engagement to the highest possible degree, with careful consideration of timing and budget.
- Associates are expected to have strong qualitative and quantitative skills and be able to quickly understand and adapt to new contextual situations.
- Associates should be able to develop creative and rigorous solutions to client and partner needs and manage both internal and external relationships with energy, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Associates directly manage other project staff that work on their project and, as well as liaise with other Busara teams and are expected to coordinate and manage staff effectively.
Does this sound interesting? If so, are you looking to:
- Design and develop research and advisory projects focused on using behavioral science to alleviate global poverty
- Recruit partners from academic institutions, development banks, large NGOs, private companies and social enterprises and manage the relationships
- Minor administrative tasks as part of project work
- Live in Lagos, with some domestic and international travel.
- Implement qualitative and quantitative behavioral research
- Develop and pilot instruments
- Manage large scale field and lab projects with leading academics and institutions
- Organize, clean and analyze data
- Disseminate results, prepare project reports and present results
- Design future scope of works
- Work with the Associate team to conduct goal setting exercises, objectives and key results, and team building events.
- Serve as mentors to Analyst and Project Lead team members, when requested.
- Serve on internal committees when necessary.
- Contribute to skills-building workshops for Associate teams.
- Communicate across organizational teams to ensure a healthy and functioning organization.
- Complete required focus contracts, reviews and snapshots.
- Assist with internal initiatives where necessary.
So you’re interested in the organization and what the role entails. But do you have what we’re looking for?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields. Other fields will be considered.
- 2-4 years previous work experience in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, a team player
- Strong quantitative skills including knowledge of and experience working with STATA or other data analysis software
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields
- Experience managing and mentoring staff
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials
- Familiarity with interest in behavioral economics or science.
- Strong interest and familiarity in evidence-based policy. Past experience in working on evidence-based policy is preferred
- Familiarity with STATA or R.
- Experience working in Nigeria.
- A quickly growing, dynamic work environment
- Full health benefits
- Competitive renumeration package with travel benefits
- Professional development budget
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply