The Master of Transportation Sciences offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Belgium
About the Award: The Master of Transportation Sciences is happy to announce we now have a call for participants for the ICP programme 2018 “ROAD SAFETY IN LOW & MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES”.
The International Course Programme (ICP) anually offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain an MSc in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). The programme takes two years and has a specific focus on road safety in developing countries.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Eligibility: With the International Course Programme, VLIR-UOS financially supports English master’s programmes focussing on development-related themes. The scholarship sponsor has stipulated a number of eligibility criteria applicants must meet, e.g.:
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2018
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Number of Awards: 12
Value of Award:
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: By March 1, 2018, we need to have a completed online application and hard copies of legalized degree certificates and academic transcripts by post. After March 1, 2018, all eligible applications will be reviewed and ranked. The top 12 applications will be selected for a scholarship.
Award Providers: VLIR-UOS