100% VERIFIED GOVERNMENT OBJ ANSWERS
100% VERIFIED GOVERNMENT THEORY ANSWERS
– the use of the mass media should be free;
– encouraging the use of opinion polls on issues;
– responsible and responsive social institution;
– existence of political parties will help to mould the opinion of the people,
Zero party system may be defined as a type of governmental political arrangement in which political parties are permitted to operate for the purpose of forming a government on political party basis.
i. Politically stable government-
In a one – party , there is no change of 1government and one individual can lead the government for a long time before the button is transferred to another person.
ii) Ensures continuous economic development – In a one – party state, since the government stays in power for a very long time, it is able to draw economic programmes for the state and implement them without any interference.
iii. Allows for speedy decision – making
One – party system allows for quick decision making . This is because there is no other body to consult and reach compromises with . As soon as the party takes the decision , that is the final and has to be implemented .
iv. It is not divisive – In a one – party system , divisive tendencies are eliminated or brought to the barest minimum . This is most helpful in Africa where most time parties are formed on ethnic , tribal and religious lines.
v. Ensures national integration
Another advantage of a one – party system is that the entire nation is able to rally round the only party regardless of their ethnic , religious and cultural differences.
1. A military coup (carried out by Maj. Nzeogwu which led to the death of Tafawa Belewa, etc)
2. A counter-coup (led by Gowon, which led to the brutal murder of Aguiyi Ironsi, Fajuyi, etc)
3. The 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom in the north (persecution of Igbo people living in Northern Nigeria)- this is the imminent cause of the Nigerian civil war according to local and foreign war historians.
The age-grade consisted of youngsters that belong to the same age-group. The senior age-group maintained peace and order in the village and also provided security to ward off external attacks, while the junior age-group concentrated on the sanitation of the community and other necessary duties.
–The Title Holders
–Defence Of Village
–Abuse Of Power